Are you passionate about your career?
Do you want to make an impact on someone’s life?
Our nurses actively provide leadership, education and community service. Join the only academic medical center right here in Louisville.
Why choose us?
- Academic medical center that provides the most advanced care and treatment
- Care for highly complex patients within a culturally diverse patient population
- Closely collaborate with physicians, residents, pharmacists, laboratory staff, therapists, dietitians and other ancillary professionals
- Actively provide leadership, education and community service
- Dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of our community by promoting healthy living, wellness and preventive care
- We lead many of our quality improvement and safety initiatives
- Professional development opportunities available in continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and professional nursing certification
- Our nurses teach and share their skills and experiences in research projects, professional presentations, conferences and writing professional manuscripts
- Our nurses are recognized leaders throughout our organization, community, region, state and nation
Our outstanding benefits
- Health Insurance: Through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance: Through MetLife
- Dependent Child Care Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan: Through Lincoln Financial
- Paid Time Off (PTO: Based on every hour worked in pay period)
- Voluntary AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Coverage
- Meals: Cafeteria Discount
- Parking: Free at Assigned Location
- Vision Insurance: Through EyeMed
- Life Insurance: Through Prudential
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Services
Learn more about our world class comprehensive care.
On the way towards National Magnet Recognition
University of Louisville Hospital is on the journey to achieve Magnet® Recognition. The national Magnet® Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credential Center to identify and recognize excellence in nursing. Magnet® recognition is considered the “gold standard” in nursing and the highest honor a hospital can receive for its nursing services. Magnet® designation fosters a sense of pride among nursing staff and creates a synergistic, positive work environment. Core values such as empowerment, mentoring, nurturing, respect, integrity and teamwork are exemplified in Magnet® hospitals.
American College of Surgeons (ACS) Verified Level 1 Trauma Center
The Trauma Center at UofL Hospital has a long-standing history of being the local, regional and national leader for trauma and burn care in Western Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Last year alone, our trauma center provided care for over 3,000 patients who needed the highly-specialized services of our multi-disciplinary Trauma Program. We are the region’s only American College of Surgeons (ACS) Verified Level I Trauma Center for adults and we are one of only two Level I adult trauma centers in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. An ACS-Verified Level I Trauma Center means that the institution has achieved the highest level of verification to deliver care to the most severely injured patients who need it most. It means that we are equipped to handle any and all significant injuries in our state-of-the-art facility. We are staffed with an experienced and dedicated team of professionals who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Residency Program, One Voice Nursing Congress, Nursing Research, and Career Pathways
Xổ số miền nam hôm nay Nursing development and mentoring is taken very seriously at University of Louisville Hospital. Each nurse is provided an individualized orientation plan, with a unit-based preceptor-led orientation and specialty courses to ensure knowledge and tools necessary to excel in their role. For new graduates, the CCNE Accredited Nurse Resident Program supports developing nurses throughout their first year of practice. The Residency program includes shadowing and observation opportunities, mentoring and additional education designed specifically for the evidence-based needs of the new graduate registered nurse. Our nurses have a voice. Each nursing unit elects a representative to the One Voice Nursing Congress, which is also chaired and co-chaired by direct-care nurses. Congress is responsible for making nursing practice decisions, and identifying and implementing areas of needed change. Partnering with bedside providers, ancillary departments, One Voice Nursing Congress is able to directly impact the work environment and patient outcomes.
First Comprehensive Stroke Center in the State of Kentucky
UofL Stroke Program was the first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) in Kentucky, the highest designation of care for stroke patients awarded by The Joint Commission. This certification assures patients that 24-hours a day, 7 days a week the multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other providers at UofL Hospital are fully prepared to quickly assess and treat patients suffering from all types of strokes using the most advanced treatments available. When a patient arrives in the emergency department of UofL Hospital, examination, laboratory studies, cardiac tests and state-of- the-art imaging studies can be performed within minutes of a patient’s arrival.
We are incredibly proud of the nurses at UofL Hospital and UofL Brown Graham Cancer Center. They are committed to excellence—a vital quality when providing patient-centered care and seeing through our work as an academic, teaching and research hospital. Our 2018 Nursing Annual Report showcases the remarkable endeavors happening among our nurses. We hope you’ll appreciate the work they are doing within our organization, but also the community.